The North Shore Veterinary Hospital opened its doors in 1935 as the new and modern hospital facility of father and son veterinarians Drs. Elmer and Osman Babson. It is one of the oldest continuously operating veterinary hospitals in Massachusetts.
Elmer Babson started the practice on the Babson dairy farm at the turn of the last century. He was a professor as well at the Harvard Veterinary College. His son Osman joined the practice in the 30’s after completing his veterinary studies. The practice was owned by Dr Osman Babson until 1973, when it was purchased by his young associate Dr Leonard Letendre.
Dr Letendre doubled the size of the hospital with a new addition to the original building. His upgrades established the practice as an up to date facility.
In 2005 Dr Donna Heaney purchased the practice from Dr Letendre. She continues to modernize and upgrade the facility, maintaining the ongoing tradition of providing the most up to date care available.
|©2018 North Shore Veterinary Hospital, all rights reserved | designed by Animal Doctor Design
Home | Services | About NSVH | Doctors & Staff | News & Information | Location & Hours | Contact